The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office accepts applications for all positions on a continual year-round basis.
To be considered for employment in the Law Enforcement or Corrections Division, at a minimum, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Pass a drug screening
- Pass a physical examination and psychological evaluation if applying for a sworn certified position
- Pass a background investigation and fingerprinting, which includes; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement; no misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence; no dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States(if prior military service).
Applicants considered for employment in a sworn certified Law Enforcement capacity must successfully pass a medical examination and psychological evaluation.
Employment Applications may be obtained by clicking here.Employment Application
You may also contact the Human Resource Office at (850) 643-2235 for assistance.
Applicants must completely fill out employment history and references on the application to include accurate contact information for every employer and reference. An explanation of gaps in employment is required. Failure to submit a complete application as indicated above may result in your application being removed from further consideration.
Please send your completed notarized application to:
Liberty County Sheriff’s Office
Attn: Human Resource Division
PO Box 67
Bristol, FL 32321